Healthy Poached Pears with Wine & Chocolate!
This is one of my best desserts (and it’s also one of the easiest to make!). Try this one the next time you have guests over for dinner. They’ll be impressed!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cinnamon Sticks (2)
Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
Red Wine (2 cups)
Water (1 cup)
Black Pepper (1 Tbsp)
Nutmeg (1/4 tsp)
Coconut Sugar (1 heaping tsp)
Ginger Root (2 thin slices)
Dark Chocolate (1 bar)
1) Combine all ingredients (except for pears) in a large pot.
2) Peel the skin off of the pears.
3) Cut a small slice off the bottom of the pears so they sit upright nicely.
4) Place the pears in the pot.
5) Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
6) Reduce to medium heat and boil for 30-40 minutes.
7) Place each pear in a bowl.
8) Melt chocolate in a pan over low-medium heat.
9) Drizzle over the pear.
10) Serve with a spoon and enjoy!