Soft Macadamia Coconut Cookie Recipe
I didn’t appreciate the sweetness of coconut in cookies until I baked with it myself. Once you do there’s no going back. These cookies are soft with macadamia crunch in every bite! They are healthy, 100 % organic, and delicious of course :)
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Makes a lot! 32-36 cookies
1 cup coconut flour
1 cup brown rice flour
½ tsp aluminum-free baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
¼ - ½ cup pure Maple Syrup
¼ cup of oil
½ cup skim milk
½ cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup raw macadamia nuts
1 coconut 65% dark chocolate bar
Try these substitutions:
- pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc.
- organic butter
- chia seed (for thickening)
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F*
2. Mix egg, vanilla, and maple syrup in a food processor.
3. Add baking powder and sea salt to wet mixture and blend.
4. Add rice flour and coconut flour to wet mixture and blend.
5. As the mixture is processing, slowly pour in water, milk, and oil until cookie dough is smooth (add more liquids if desired).
6. Stir in macadamia nuts.
7. Portion and bake until edges are golden**
8. 5-8 minutes before the cookies are done, melt coconut chocolate over low-medium heat stirring often.
9. While cookies cool on rack for 5 minutes, drizzle coconut chocolate on top. Yum!
*In the episode, I suggested 163˚C/325˚F but if I were to do it again I would set the oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
**In the episode, I said the cookies would be ready in 18 minutes, but I would recommend giving them 20-25 minutes.