Marta’s Organic Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies! - Article #7
[caption id="attachment_405" align="aligncenter" width="410" caption="Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies!"][/caption]
1 ½ cup rice flour
½ cup oatmeal
¼ - ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
¼ - ½ cup water or skim milk
½ cup or more of raisins
¼ cup cane sugar or honey
¼ cup sliced almonds
½ tsp salt
Preparation time: 10 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (190 degrees C) with rack in center of oven.
2. Combine egg and vanilla extract in food processor.
3. Add cane sugar and baking powder to wet mixture.
4. Add rice flour and oatmeal.
5. Add oil and water or milk until desired consistency is reached.
6. Add raisins and almonds and stir by hand.
7. Bake for 18 minutes and ENJOY!
Makes a dozen cookies
*for Vegan options use rice or soy milk, and replace the egg with ground chia seed. Chia is high in omega-3 and a great gluten-free thickener for baking!
More on chia seed in a future episode…